Corporate Social Responsibility Policy
We're committed to minimising our impact and maximising the benefits that our work has on the environment and people around us
We recognise that we have a responsibility to the interests of all employees and their families; the need to foster our business relationships with customers, suppliers, partners and others and the impact of our operations on the local communities and the surrounding environment where we operate.
Employees are highly regarded and valued, and their employment and other rights are respected. We are committed to the important principle of equal opportunity which is reflected in its recruitment, disciplinary and grievance policies.
We make contributions to local charities and communities in the areas which it operates its business in form of a charitable monetary donation.
The purpose of the policy is to make clear to all employees and customers what we mean by CSR and how we propose to work towards achieving it. The CSR policy applies throughout all of the procurement service and governs our approach to all our activities. In implementing this policy we aim to be responsible and an exemplar of good practice.
Our policy is based on the following principles:
To minimise the impact and maximise the benefits that our work has on the environment and people around us.
To integrate our CSR considerations into all our business decisions.
To comply with, and exceed where practicable, all applicable legislation, regulations and codes of practice.
In developing our strategy and setting out our policy for the first time we aim to deliver gradual but continuous improvements in our performance every year. As a result, our approach continues to evolve as we learn lessons along the way. To help define our policy we have divided it into four key areas:
Charitable and community
We encourage and empower our employees to get involved with their local communities and use their skills and where possible our resources to help create a mutual benefit.
Through our ‘Gift Back’ scheme we will give a monetary donation from every sale transaction to charitable organisations both locally and nationally.
Every year we will consult our employees to discuss the best possible ways to donate to charities and possibilities of how to raise money for charity.
We strive to ensure all colleagues enjoy their work and have opportunities to consistently amaze our customers through their friendly expertise and will actively look for ways in which we can promote and increase the diversity of our workforce.
We aim to eliminate discrimination on any grounds and promote equality of opportunity in the supply chain.
We aim to support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights.
We understand and appreciate the importance of effective communication with our employees throughout the entire company.
Where there are matters arising in the company which could impact staff there is an appropriate consultation process. This is mainly achieved through monthly meetings where employee-related items are initially discussed. Company directors and department managers will in turn consult their employees and feedback any constructive responses before we proceed in making decisions.
We aim to continually improve our performance, prevent pollution wherever possible and comply with all applicable laws, regulations and industry standards.
- Manage our processes so as to avoid/minimise waste.
- Implement our ‘Buy Back’ scheme whereby customers have the ability to return unwanted or used workwear for recycling and if not recycled then enter the waste to energy process.
- Work to minimise our use of energy.
- Ensure all employees have appropriate training and an awareness of this policy so that it is implemented effectively.
- Aim to reduce material use and, use renewable or, recyclable-engineered materials.
- Avoid the use of toxic materials and chemicals.
- Assess actual and potential environmental effects of all activities in all parts of the business.
- Adopt best processes and select the best practicable environmental option.
- Review, monitor, and audit compliance to standards and guidelines including assessing the impact on business activities.
- Strive for continuous improvement.
- Build and maintain the highest standards amongst our suppliers.
- Recognise that good CSR embraces all aspects of sustainable development and the way we affect people through our business operations.
- Operate in a way that safeguards against unfair business practices.
- We believe that a responsible approach to developing relationships between companies and the communities they serve, global or local, is a vital part of delivering business success.
- When carrying out our business, in consultation with our customers, we will determine the environmental, social and economic issues.
- Our contracts will clearly set out the agreed terms, conditions and the basis for our relationship.
- Continually review our policies and business practices to encourage engagement with small and medium enterprises and to promote the development of the regional supply chain.
- We are committed to ensuring that our business is conducted in all respects according to rigorous ethical, professional and legal standards.
- All the laws that regulate and apply will be complied with.
- All groups and individuals with whom we have a business relationship will be treated in a fair, open and respectful manner.
- Competition will be reasonable and based upon the quality, value and integrity of the products and services being supplied.
- Feedback on performance will be actively sought, and we will continually review all activities to ensure best practice is observed at all times.
- Allow our customers to give feedback on our performance and ensure that all customer comments are analysed, responded to and where appropriate, acted upon.
- An action plan will be developed to ensure continuous improvement is achieved.
This policy relates to Identity UK (Retail) Ltd and all Identity subsidiary companies; Workwear Pro Direct, Signage4U, Gazebos4U.
The development and implementation of this policy is the responsibility of our Corporate Social Responsibility Board Committee, chaired by Martyn Perry, CEO.
Policy No: CSR 01 | Date Approved: Dec 2020 | Review Date: Dec 2021